Elder Hunter Wayne Cook
Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission
C.C. No. 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Elder Cook’s mission cannot receive packages from the U.S. :(

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week ? No se {Week 16}

My zone in Castelar
Hello familia!  Sorry for not being able to write a big letter last week.  We were super pressed on time because we had to go to a zone activity. This week has been great down here in Buenos Aires.  No they don't celebrate Halloween here, but I was glad because I really don't like Halloween anyways.  We are just doing the same ol, same old.. the work of the Lord!!  Everyday I have been able to see so much progress with Spanish!  Actually one man asked me if I was from Guatemala.. And I was like NO!  Haha I guess it sounded like I had a Guatemalan accent or something!  So that was a confidence boost for me haha.  

This week in my studies I have been focusing a lot on families.  I was reading in PME one day and a part on families just hit me sooooo hard!  I felt the spirit so strong and I knew that that's what I needed to be focusing on!  I realized that the family is seriously the most important thing in the entire universe.  After all we are all a huge family of God.  But I realized because since the family is seriously so important, that it is satan's biggest target!!  Every temptation and sin that there is that you can commit, effects the family in some way or another.  Seriously there is not anything more important in this life or in the life to come than the family!! I realized that since the family is satan's biggest target, that we as missionaries, and members of the church need to counter the attacks!  WE are the ones that have to stand up and protect the family.  This made me realize that this needed to be my main focus as a missionary.  Finding, helping, and teaching families!  

I decided that I needed to read The Family Proclamation again.  Wow, if you haven't read it in a while....or ever GO READ IT!!! I didn't realize what I was missing out on!  It was always hanging on the wall in our house, but I never got the chance to actually read it fully! haha!  Because of how important the family really is in God's plan, Elder Paskett and I decided to start using the Family Proclamation in our contacts that we are doing!  Because seriously everyone that we talk to and ask what's the most important thing to them, or what it is they worry the most about, is the family!  It's such a great tool to have to say, "Hey look, thru the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, we have a modern day prophet who receives revelation from God to help us with problems that we face today.  For example..." and then we show them the Proclamation. It's such a great finding and teaching tool!  

I know that there is a family here in Argentina that is waiting for me to find them!  I cannot wait to help a family go to the temple and receive the ordinances of salvation that will bring them eternal life and exaltation, being sealed together as a family for all eternity!! This is why I'm here.  I have already promised them that I will find them. I am NOT leaving this country until I find my "queridos amigos" 
Te hallare mi querido amigo!


I had a division with my zone leader... actually Elder Wiggins trained him!! Elder Rawlins

I'm so grateful for my family, I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!  
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment