Elder Hunter Wayne Cook
Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission
C.C. No. 92
1702 Ciudadela
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Elder Cook’s mission cannot receive packages from the U.S. :(

Friday, August 14, 2015

Week 5 According to the MTC!!! {Week 4}


So its so crazy!! This is our fifth week and on Monday we start our last week (the 6th week). They count the Wednesday when I got here until that Sunday 1 week.  Also WE GET OUR TRAVEL PLANS TOMORROW!!  I'm so excited!  I really hope that my visa has went through and I’ll be able to go to Argentina!  

This week was just like the other ones..  I just want to get into the field! jaja  So this week we committed two of our investigators, Sami, and Alan to baptism!  So that was pretty cool.  Even tho they are fake... jaja Elder Mercier and I were actually called as Zone Leaders also!  We are over 4 districts.  Today has been really crazy actually because while we were emailing home, we got a phone call(zone leaders have cell phones) informing us that one of the new elders that came in yesterday was admitted into the hospital last night.  So we have spent our whole day arranging for people to stay with his companion (who didn't get any sleep because he was at the hosptial all night) so he could get some rest today.  We were also instructed to go to the travel office to schedule us a bus over to the hospital so we could be with the Elder and so we had to meet with one of the counselors to the President of the MTC who had to call our branch president and say that we couldn't do that because he would be in surgery all day.... so we’ve had a crazy day.  I didn't realize all that the zone leaders are in charge of.  We are literally the eyes and ears for the branch presidency.  
This is us with our investigator Alan...Monday is our last lesson with him :(
Something that I learned this week is that just becauase we are set apart as missionaries, doesn’t mean that we will always have the Spirit with us.  We have to be constantly working for it!  We have been set apart and serioulsy this is one of the only opportunities in our life that we could seriously ALWAYS have the Spirit guiding us and directing us because of the lifestyle which we now live.  We can literally leave babylon (the world) behind completely and focus on Christ and God for the next two years.  But it is our choice.  We HAVE TO take advantage of the precious time that we have as missionaries to be representatives of Jesus Christ at ALL TIMES!  Also it is super important that we have the Spirit always with us always guiding what we say for our investigators  We don't know all the needs of our investigators, we dont know what they have went through in their lives, BUT GOD DOES!  This is why it is so crucial.  God knows his children PERFECTLY and knows exactly what they need to hear.  This is why we need to be constantly in tune with the Spirit so God can let us know what our investigators need to hear.

I had another eye opening experience this week.  On one of the nights I had a dream about home and about my mom (love you mom!) and I woke up feeling superrrr home sick.  I felt super trunky the whole first part of the day.  Then, as I bore my testimony in a district meeting, something came to my mind.  I realized that the way that I missed my family right at that moment was nothing compared to what pepole might feel when one of their family members die.  I felt like I really wanted to see my family but I realized that those who don't have a knowledge of this gospel would have that exact feeling only 100X worse, because they think that they will never see them again!  This really opened my eyes and made me realize that whenever I miss my family, I need to think of those who REALLY MISS their family and think that they will never see them again.
District photo
Oh also, so I might have already told you, but Monday is usually our busiest day!  We usually teach 4 different people.  This time the member that we got to teach was over skype!  We got to skype a native lady that was living in Panama!  It was cool to see how much I could actually understand and how much I was able to speak to her!  It was an awesome experience.  Some people in my district were able to skype people in Argentina and I was jealous.  jaja

It’s crazy how close that I have grown with my district!  We all feel like we have all known each other our whole entire lives!  Since our premortal lives!(we actually probalby did jaja)  But anyways I’m just super grateful for all of the friendships that I have been able to make.  We always talk about how we are all going to be friends forever and how were going to have many district reunions when we all get back..  I guess what do you expect when you are with the same people for almost 16 hours a day for 6 weeks! jaja On Tueday night we got to go to our apartments a little early so we all brought our food out and there are tables outside our buildings and had a little fiesta!  Thanks mom for the chips and queso and doughnuts. They were the highlight! jaja
Our fiesta
Yesterday I had a really cool experience.  During class, Hermana Lamb, our teacher, asked us to all get out our Spanish BOM and start reading together as a class.  Usually we get to have our English ones out too, to figure out what it’s saying, but this time she said Spanish solomente!  So for the first 4 verses I was confused.  Then I really tried hard and prayed that I would be able to understand.  WOWWW the spirit was so strong!  I was able to understand what we were reading and the whole time my heart was on FIRE!!   I got the strongest feeling that God really does want me to learn this language and I know that the gift of tounges is real!  It was such an amazing experience and I thanked Hermana Lamb after.   The only time that I struggle is when I doubt in myself.  I learned that faith and doubt CANNOT COEXIST!  God cannot work thru our doubt, the gift of tounges won’t come if we are doubting in ourselves. 
Just doing laundry again!!
Well I’m running out of time... we have been running around all day and now it’s nice to know that we get to go to the temple and relax a little.  Well I hope you all have an awesome week! 

Love you all!
Elder Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment